Duplicates

Use this forum to post comments that do not fit in any of the other more specific forums.

Moderator: Colin Nocetti

Neil

Re: Duplicates

Post by Neil »

Hi Daisy. This is EITHER a bug, in which case we need to have a quick look and see what the agent reports, OR it is due to something like copy.

When an item is created by the Agent it gets a unique ID. There are a few manual things that could change that unique ID, so the Agent won't see a previous computer with the same ID and will assume it is new. This is most common when copying a computer. When copying an item with a unique ID (not the asset ID), the copy will have a different ID. If you then deleted the original you would end up with a computer that LOOKS identical but has a different ID, which wouldn't be the same as the one that the Agent is offering.

We are having a quick look now to see if we can work out what this was. Your solution should sort out the problem either way.

By the way, this isn't an Account Management issue. The Account Manager refers to the LEA Account Manager, not standard accounts. I would like to move this topic to the General Comments section. Please tell me when you have read this and I will move it across. ;) Also can you give us a little more information about the computer names and the room names involved so we can have a look. If you can send us an email at support@itvision.net with the account name (school name, email address used, something like that), the room name and the affected computer's name it wouldbe useful just so we can confirm what exactly happened.

Many thanks.